July 06, 2003

PORTLAND CITY GRILL

I just wanted to leave a side note about this establishment. Monday afternoon I ate here, alone, for lunch. My budget may be thin, but my tastes are not, and I have always been a harsh critic, especially of those who try to exude class but only end up exuding falsity. So I went in, knowing it was a step down from Atwater's, which I had never eaten at, expecting disappointment.

I was wrong, and I am more than happy to say it. The service was pampering, the food was good, and the view and atmosphere spectacular. Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Sinatra, Mel Torme, and etc... played softly in the dark, inviting room as I ate, and watched the blue, blue world swirl away outside.

Sure, it's probably not as fancy a menu as Atwater's had, (prices were affordable, after all,) but it is, in my estimation, a very classy place.